Sunday, May 22, 2011

Well Here Goes...

Well Hello blogging world! I know it has been forever since my last post, but I am still here. So I guess we shall start with a short review of the last month!

APRIL:
Drews wedding/ Seattle Trip: Just a few good pics from SEATTLE


Easter/ Kylee's Prom


MAY:
FINALS/ Schools Out
I finished my First semester back to school YAY!! I did well I got all As so was really happy about that we will see how next semester goes when I take on a full course load.


Ok so now that we covered that.. Here is the real reason I am blogging today. It is now summer and my ULTIMATE goal is to buckle down and lose weight. NOw I feel I say this all the time "ok I am going to start" "ok I am going to lose weight" Well then I work out for maybe a week really good lose maybe 5 pounds and stop then the pounds come quickly back and I am left baffled and frustrated. So I going into this with the intention this starts now and ends only when School starts... an entire summer devoted to myself. Changing myself for the better. Here are some motivators for me to actually lose

Feeling Sexy & Confident Swimsuit Season

Romantic Vacations Healthy Pregnancy
Have a BABY Become a Mom

My own “BEFORE & AFTER” pictures

So it is up to me I am going to use this public forum to also help keep me motivated and on track. I will be weighing in once a week and probably doing photo updates every three weeks... so wish me luck if you dont hear from me by sunday of each week with results- bug me about it! :) ok well here are the starting stats which I am completely embarressed to share but its ok if its going to change right?!?! Well Here Goes... WARNING it is shocking!

FRIDAY MAY 20, 20011

WEIGHT : 170

PICTURES: I chose not to post ones of me half-naked maybe when I have after pictures I will be brave enough. Cant wait to show the improvements after sharing these... wish me luck!


6 comments:

Bruce Almighty said...

You can do it, celebrate the little victories. Nothing motivates like success.

Kellie said...

I agree with Bruce.

sam and kyrsten said...

ok your family is the cutest. i love them and i love your black p-coat in seattle.

and you suck that you get 100%'s on all of your math tests!!!

holy you are amazing. i am so proud of you for doing this. i keep doing the ok now im going to start... ok now i am going to start. you are making me really want to do this because you are so awesome and making it happen!

i love you. please call me soon. i miss you alot. and there are flights from denver to maui right now for $200 i think we need to go on a trip! :)

love you.

Shiree said...

You can do it! these are a few things that help me.

Read labels it takes time at first. Look out for sugars,(look up the hidden names for sugars and fats)and fats look and see what the ingredients are if I cant prononce it I dont eat it!

I hardly fry anything.(scones is all) I bake all my veggies with a sprinkle of olive oil and sea salt and bake at 350 until done the way you like it. I watch my bread intake, and have only whole grains.

Always it breakfast to get your body burning calories.

Eat nuts(almonds) for a snack the fill you up. Get the raw ones no salt.

Drink lots of water. I like crystal light it helps to drink more.

Stay away from fast food, plan ahead for the day take your food with you. I pack my snacks ie.. cheese stick wrapped with deli meat(i like a slice of avacodo added too. when you plan ahead you dont make bad choices because nothings on hand and your hungery.

Stay away from white sauces the are more fatting. Red sauces are better.

exercise!

eat fruit for snacks also

Just make a healthy choice each meal and they add up.

Do have a little treat so you dont feel deprived. I will make my own cookies that are healthy. Have the mini candy bars have one, share a dessert instead of having your own.Really when you have a treat after a couple bits you have tasted it, stop then instead of eating the whole thing.

Take vitamins when your body has what it needs you dont crave things. Take 1/2 a multi in the morning the other in the afternoon.your body only absorbes 1/2. I add a vit B complex and take one in the morning and one in the afternoon, it helps not to have the afternoon slump so we dont reach for junk.

Eating whole natural foods will help alot you are what you eat!

Good luck you can do it!

Taryn said...

You go girl! I know you can do it, this can be hard but think of all the really hard things YOU have gotten through in your short life already! I don't claim to know anything special, but if you ever need a few tips from a dietitian you know where to find me :) good luck...you can do it!!!

Vince and Ashley said...

Wow! That is awesome you are doing that! I know it takes a lot of motivation and you have to stick to it! Everything counts! You can do it! :) Glad I found your blog, it's been forever since I've even seen you!