Well the last couple months have gone by in a blur once again! I really felt like we were hitting a stride with Ainsley's food journey and getting some great foods to pass. However, in the last few weeks we have had to take a few giant steps backwards. She had full FPIES REACTION (learn more about FPIES through the link if you'd like) to eggs, which wasn't a terrible shock, and then to Quinoa, which was she had eaten Quinoa "cereal" multiple times taken breaks and came back to it never an issue, in fact she seemed to sleep better her bowls seemed more normal, no indicator it was something to watch. Then I gave it to her one morning and BAM two hour later while we were out at a museum of course -puke city. The one silver lining I can find in her last couple reaction is that they have seemed to be less severe. She still vomits to bile, but our pediatrician gave us zofran to give her and I think it helps a lot. She isn't dry heaving as much and doesn't seem to get as lethargic! So that is great! It is such a backwards confusing world when food the thing that is supposed nourish your child becomes a poison to them. Eating is supposed to be simple and come naturally. Lately for us, it has been a nightmare. So we are on food detox. For the last three weeks Ainsley has been strictly nursing. I am again very grateful that we are still able to nurse and yet even that I question. Is this really okay for her? Are the foods I am eating really allowing her gut to heal or could it be making it worse with out us really knowing it. On top of that worry it is becoming more and more obvious each day to her that we are holding out on the poor thing and it is getting frustrating for us all. I truly hate to be so negative. However, right now it is just hard- plain and simple.
With that said- I really do hate being so negative and want to switch gears. I feel that we haven't been trialing foods quite right. I stumbled on a blog, Better Together. She has really done a great job providing her knowledge and experience with her daughter's fpies and offers other resources as well. I feel like I got some good insight and am going to try some things differently and see if that will help. I am truly doing my best to remain hopeful and praying we can make some more progress in Ainsley's relationship with food.
I truly wish other children did not have to go though this or for anything similar. Any mom of a child with any types of food allergy knows how difficult it can be- and yet I am grateful that their are others. Having a child with issues like this can feel so absolutely isolating. However, I have been so blessed lately to meet or learn of other moms who are struggling with many of the same trails and hardships and also all the amazing things that come along with raising our sweet babies, and that is a triumph!
Triumphs
As I said before the months are flying by, and while we have had some trials the triumphs have been even greater!!! Ainsley continues to get more beautiful, sweet, and sassy all at the same time. I love her little personality and watching is shape- I will admit though there are glimpses of a diva creature that scare me a bit haha. However, she makes me smile every single day. She bring such joy to her father and I every single day! She really is growing and thriving even with the struggles with food. She is hitting so many exciting milestones including WALKING! Well, stepping anyways she usually gets in 2-4 before she decides to fall back on her bum and that crawling is easier. She is really beginning to say things that resembles words including -hi, aaaao (hello) bye, daa(dog), momma, dadda, and she points to things with her eyebrows raised and says dat? - its the cutest and I will eat her.
To sum up this blog this Quote seemed fitting... we are learning from the hard times and we will continue to cherish the good because there really is so much good!
1 comment:
You are an awesome mom and she's lucky to have you :)
Post a Comment